Raanjhanaa is an unexpectedly big hit. Your feelings?

Nothing! I am numbed. Somehow after this kind acceptance for my film the only thing that can happen is silence. And I'd rather not say anything more. My entire team has grown subdued. We've fought a long battle to make an honest film. Its acceptance has humbled us all. Box Office acceptance is of course important. But there is a satisfaction that comes from within the artist for creating a work he is happy about. I feel that satisfaction.

Celebration time?

It was my birthday last week. My entire team of Raanjhanaa was with me. I am afraid to consider that they would move on to other commitments. At the moment we're constantly connected.

Your hero goes into death with his one-sided love?

He dies a hero. What I love about my hero Kundan is that he dies happily for love. I could've brought him back into life. But I don't think Kundan wanted to come back. There had to be a closure to his love. When I visited the Chandan theatre the gatekeeper kept asking me, 'Kundan will come back na. He's in a coma? He'll return in the sequel?' His face fell when I had to cruelly tell him Kundan was not in a coma and that there would be no sequel. Nobody wanted Kundan to die. But Kundan didn't want to live. That gatekeeper at Chandan took Kundan home with him. Everyone except one columnist seems to have taken Kundan home. He refused to go home with her.

People were smirking about the casting of Dhanush with Sonam?

Mujhe pataa hai. There were lots of giggles and innuendos going around. I don't blame them. My casting was unusual. But I was not listening to what people were saying. Negativity has never been my forte.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Scripod | Blogger Theme by Scripod - Premium Blogger Templates | Scripod.com