You usually don’t see a gorgeous actress making a debut in a super hit film and then disappearing into oblivion.
But it happened for Nargis Fakhri.
Although critics panned her performance in Rockstar, the film went on to become a blockbuster at the box office. Two years later, the leggy lass will make an appearance in Madras Cafe, co-starring John Abraham, directed by Shoojit Sircar.
Sonil Dedhia caught up with Nargis to know just what kept her away from the big screen for so long.
Director Shoojit Sircar feels Madras Cafe is your debut film…
(Laughs) He has been saying this to everyone. I haven’t spoken to him about this.
This film is different, a political thriller. The story is intense and it is shot in a different way. My character is different from the one I played in Rockstar.
Shoojit knows me well and he has often complimented my performance in the film, which means a lot to me.
I can’t ignore the fact that there has been a gap of almost two years since Rockstar released in 2011. So, yes, I do consider Madras Cafe as my re-launch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Scripod | Blogger Theme by Scripod - Premium Blogger Templates | Scripod.com