Sonakshi Sinha prefers doing masala movies, and is quite unapologetic about it.

Her latest film Once Upon A Time in Mumbai Dobaara opened to mixed response on August 15 but the 26-year-old actress states that she will continue to work in such films, as they give her box office success.

Occasionally, though, she does a different kind of film like Lootera, which won her a lot of critical acclaim.

Sonakshi talks to Sonil Dedhia about her movies, and why she won’t allow her family name to be dragged into any controversies.

You have stuck to the same kind of roles, the exception being Lootera, which earned you critical acclaim. Did you just want to play it safe before?

Lootera was my sixth film but I had signed it quite early in my career. Being a period drama, the film took a while to make. I did not sign the film to change my image.

I have always been unapologetic about the kind of films I have done. I love masala entertainers and will continue to work in them as these films have always got me a lot of box office success.

As you rightly pointed out, Lootera has got me critical acclaim. So now the plan is to balance the two. If I do four commercial films, then I will do one film like Lootera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Scripod | Blogger Theme by Scripod - Premium Blogger Templates | Scripod.com