A mother, a wife, a superstar, a businesswoman – how do you manage it?

Isn't that the beauty of being a woman? I am not the only one, every woman is doing that, and much more than me. Women, in our country cook, clean, work, manage children, husbands, relatives, in-laws and jobs – I still have it easy.

How does your husband (Dr Sriram Nene) handle being married to a superstar?

Well, that's easy. Before being the conventional husband-wife, we are best friends who stand by each other and admire each other's pluses. The fact that I can pursue my career is also because there is no ego between us.

Are your sons, Arin and Ryan aware of your stardom?

Well, they are young and innocent to understand completely what I do for a living or what star status is. But there are times when they ask, "Mum are you someone famous?" It's adorable.

Tell us about your films, Dedh Ishqiya and Gulab Gang?

I am looking forward to these films for they have meaningful scripts that excite me. Dedh Ishqiya was fun because Naseerji (Naseeruddin Shah) is a wonderful actor and it was an honour working with him. As for Soumik Sen's Gulab Gang, it's about a group of vigilantes who, dressed in pink, fight social injustice with their leader, Rajjo, played by me, in Bundelkhand. It's a message-based film loosely inspired by the life of activist Sampat Lal and is packed with entertainment. It's also an action-packed film and I get to indulge in a lot of hand-to-hand combat.

Your stint on Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa is soon ending. How do you rate the current dance scene in India?

The youth is into a lot of western contemporary dance routines these days. I feel there is no comparison to a classical dance base for it sets the foundation for all kinds of routines. Also, Indian culture has music and dance ingrained in it. It's in our social fibre and I am a huge votary for encouraging people to learn some art form, classical dance for instance. Just like mathematics is good for kids, dance education is too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Scripod | Blogger Theme by Scripod - Premium Blogger Templates | Scripod.com