TV star Sanaya Irani, who plays the lead in 'Rangrasiya, a story inspired by William Shakespeare's tragedy 'Othello', says she was initially confused about her role in the show.

Sanaya, 30, who has a girl-next-door image on the small screen, thanks to her previous shows, wanted to break her image so desperately that she was portraying the role in a wrong way.

By:Rafeeq Mulla.Bollywood Action.News..

"As an actor, I wanted to come out of what I did previously. I was thinking so much about breaking my bubbly girl image on small screen that initially, I was doing something else. My character reacts in a different way in every situation. I was keeping her scared and reserved.

"But later I realised that she is not that kind. She is an innocent girl, who will laugh and open up only with her own family. Now I have understood that the essence of her character is very real," Sanaya told PTI.

The show, which will go on air on Colors from December 30, is an edgy love-story that begins with intense hatred between a simple village girl and an army officer. It has been shot in the extreme desert terrains of Gujarat and Rajasthan.

"It wasn't a cakewalk for me to play this character. Working in extreme weather conditions was a challenge for me. I used to get blisters while walking barefoot in the scorching desert. But the excitement to do something different enabled me to move on," Sanaya said.

The show's first look was launched here last evening at a hotel, where both Sanaya and her co-star Ashish Sharma enacted few scenes from the daily soap opera.

The 'Is Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon' star says she is happy with the way her career has shaped up in five years and is bagging good roles one after the other.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Scripod | Blogger Theme by Scripod - Premium Blogger Templates | Scripod.com