Bipasha Basu on not being a part of the numbers game, her love for fitness and the man in her life

Having just finished a workout session, Bipasha Basu is in a good mood as she catches up with HitList at a Bandra restaurant for a chat. The actress seems to be in a comfortable space as she opens up to us about spanning everything from her career to her love life.

How would you describe your journey so far?
When I started out, I was a little brat; I wanted to do something new and so I got into films. Then there was a time when I wanted to run away from it all. Now I am grateful to God for everything. Today, I am what I am because of my connect with people. I don't belong to a camp, nor do I have an aggressive PR machine in place. Despite this, I have completed 14 years in the industry. I am proud of myself.
It's said that failing health made you pursue fitness?
That's true. In 2005, I was diagnosed with osteoporosis. We were shooting for No Entry then, and I found myself in excruciating pain. Doctors told me that I won't be able to dance or do action sequences for most of my life; that was depressing to hear. Until then, I was this girl who would avoid workouts and would eat any kind of food. But this pain was an eye-opener, I'd say that my handicap pushed me to understand my body better.

Tell us about your upcoming projects...
I am shooting for Humshakals. That apart, I am looking forward to Creature, which is an adventure film along the lines of Jurassic Park. In the film, I am cast opposite Imran Abbas, an actor from Pakistan. 

You have always given priority to your relationships.
I am a devoted and loyal person and I will always be one. I don't regret my relationships; I have grown to love myself. I now know that it's not about your body; it's about one's soul and mind.
Your boyfriend John Abraham recently got married...
I have nothing to say about this. I don't want to talk about my past now.

What kind of life partner are you looking for?
I am a free-spirited girl. I talk loudly. I laugh a lot and I have an opinion. I want to be with someone who won't clip my wings.

And lastly, is Harman your boyfriend?
We are good friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Scripod | Blogger Theme by Scripod - Premium Blogger Templates | Scripod.com