It was just not a stunt. South actress Tanisha Singh wore a dress made out of real goat meat for a photoshoot in Mumbai, which looked a lot like Lady Gaga's famous raw beef meat dress at an awards function in 2010.

Tanisha's aim was also to grab the eyeballs, but for a purpose, the starlet claimed. Tanisha, who featured in few a Tamil and Telugu films, said, "I have seen poor animals being killed by vehicles on the roads, especially on highways, where people in a rush kill innocent animals. These creatures have no voice of their own, so I have decided to raise my voice against this cruel practice."

Without mentioning any names, Tanisha also added, "People kill animals for pleasure. Newspapers are full of stories on deer hunting in jungles but nobody is bothered about them."

For the shoot, the starlet said that she did not kill any animal but used a dead animal which she found on a road near her locality, "I live close to Powai, where we witness several animals being crushed by vehicles. I picked a dead goat from the road and asked my costume designer to make a dress out of it."

On comparisons with Lady Gaga, she said, "Lady Gaga did it for fun. But my idea is to raise a voice against the cruel practice; it's not a publicity gimmick, for sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Scripod | Blogger Theme by Scripod - Premium Blogger Templates | Scripod.com