London: Hollywood star Angelina Jolie finds it funny when people say that her negative role in Disney`s upcoming film `Maleficent` would be great.
The 38-year-old `Mr and Mrs Smith` actress, who appears as the titular wicked witch in `Maleficent`, said she was tempted to play the character from a very long time, reportedly.

"It is really funny when people say you`d be obvious for a great villain. She (Maleficent) was just my favourite as a little girl. I was terrified of her, but I was really drawn to her. I loved her," Jolie said.

"There were some discussions about it before I got the part, and I got a phone call from my brother, who said, `You`ve got to get your name on the list for this!," she added.

Jolie, with her partner Brad Pitt, raises six children - Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh and twins Vivienne and Knox.
The actress secretly revealed the film`s plot to her kids in order to gauge their reaction.

"I told my kids I was playing Maleficent and they said, `She`s so scary!` and I said, `Let me tell you the real story, but you can`t tell anybody.`

"And I put them in the room and I told them the story. So this was my test too, like any parent. And the next day I heard Shiloh getting into a fight with another kid, defending Maleficent, saying, `You don`t understand her!` They got into a bit of an argument and I thought, `That`s the reason to do the film," Jolie said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Scripod | Blogger Theme by Scripod - Premium Blogger Templates | Scripod.com