Hard as it may seem to believe, Bollywood’s resident diva Sridevi celebrated her 50th birthday on August 13.
In conversation with Subhash K Jha, the veteran actress talks films, family and future plans. Read on.
How did you bring in your birthday?
With my family -- my husband and children. My sister Latha was visiting from Chennai. It was a nice, cosy family get-together and that’s the way I like it. Since it was a Tuesday, I visited the Siddhivinayak temple.
You turned 50 this year. How do you look back at your life as an actor, wife and mother?
I am always grateful for what I’ve got.
God has been kind to me. I've got my fans' support for all these years. I don’t want to let them down at this point in my life. I have to be extra sure that I don’t do a wrong film.
The past year has been very special -- I got to do English Vinglish that turned out to be much bigger than I had expected. It had such a lasting impact that even my daughter’s friends apologised to their mothers after seeing the film for being insensitive. It has changed lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Scripod | Blogger Theme by Scripod - Premium Blogger Templates | Scripod.com