Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan, whose recently released film PK has opened to rave reviews and roaring box office success, says he chooses a film on the basis of the script and not box office prospects.

PK, which released on December 19 has managed to gross Rs.95.21 crore in three days. (Also Read: PK Movie Review)

When asked if it is true that he chooses films on the basis of box office prospects, Aamir said, "It's a very unfortunate trend because the moment creative people start thinking about numbers, then the shadow of the numbers influences the kind of film they choose and pick." (Also Read: PK Not Anti-Hindu': A Twitter Trend in Defence of Film)

If Aamir's team, comprising director Rajkumar Hirani and producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra, created history with 3 Idiots in 2009, the trio have repeated the same success with PK, a film that boasts of a unique concept. It uses an alien to talk about the ills of society and not only makes viewers laugh and cry but also makes them think.

"The moment I start choosing films that can do R 100 crore business, then my choice becomes very limited and I can only do films like Avengers or Spider-Man, which go on to achieve those numbers. This really kills creativity to an alarming extent, so I have always selected my films based on what I feel towards them," he said.

"Like Taare Zameen Parwent on to do good business and I didn't know it would. I just did it because I liked the script. Also, I selected Rang De Basanti because I loved the script. I did Lagaan when the entire film industry thought it was a disaster.

"So these films I have not picked looking at the box office collection, I picked them because I loved them. Later when they became box office hits, it was a different question. I do films if I like the script and not according to its business," he reasoned.

PK also featured actors Anushka Sharma, Sanjay Dutt, Sushant Singh Rajput and Boman Irani.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Scripod | Blogger Theme by Scripod - Premium Blogger Templates | Scripod.com